Bind customers to the store and use them as multipliers
If a customer is in your local shop, you can maintain your relationship with him: they advise him, help him, give tips or just make small talk with him. If the customer is not in the store right now (which is most of the time), you have not been able to maintain that relationship.
This has changed with the Internet: In social media or with newsletters, you also have contact with the customer, even if he is not in the store. So you deepen the relationship or build a relationship with new prospects even before the first shop visit. And customers you have a good relationship with are also more likely to buy from you – and that has not changed in the Internet.
Maintain customer relationship: the Facebook page
Why that matters
There are 30 million active Facebook users – of which 23 million are even daily – in Germany. 2 out of 3 of the 20- to 50-year-olds (and at least every fifth 50-60 year-old) can be found there.
Facebook is so well suited to communicating with customers and prospects every day and maintaining an active relationship. So you tie this emotionally to your store.
That’s how it works
Log in to create a company page in Facebook (there are no extra “company logins”, use your private login, you will not see that later on the company page).
Now click on “Create page” and follow the given steps. Important are a meaningful image of your shop (and possibly your person, if all customers know you) as well as a good description.
Now regularly write small posts, the so-called “posts” – even if your site has only a few fans at the beginning (customers will only become fans if their existing posts make you want more).
It’s best to have posts next to text always a picture. Again and again links or small videos are useful.
In the posts you entertain your customers, give tips & suggestions, initiate discussions, give sometimes internal insights and much more (and announce not only news and product advertising).
Success: Likes and Comments
Facebook is NOT a pure news channel. The key to success is that you activate your fans over and over again. Many Likes (“Like”) or comments on your submissions are more important than a large number of fans.
The reason: Only fans who occasionally respond to your submissions get your future posts even displayed. A fan without reactions sees less and less of you (this controls the so-called “Facebook algorithm”).
What leads to such likes and comments? Stay human and personal.
Tell us what happened in the store today. Take a look behind the scenes. Show infrequent employees (staff or camps) or congratulate them on their birthday. Ask questions (“do you know?”, “Should we?”, “What would you do?”, …) and post funny or whimsical stuff.
You want to reach even more interested parties than the Facebook algorithm allocates to your contributions? This is possible via ads (Facebook Ads). One example is the “sponsored post” that you’ve probably already seen on Facebook.The advantage of this ad: You can specify very precisely who gets to see the ads at all. A selection “perimeter 50 km, age 30-40 years, Interest in football “is easily possible.
Look in Google and YouTube for “show facebook”, “show facebook tutorial” or “show facebook for beginners.” So you get many instructions and help.
• Is “you” or “you” correct in Facebook? Often, Facebook is looser, but it’s still the same customer. So do it the way it is in the store.
• Do not expect all fans to see your posts posted: the FB algorithm requires that often only 20-30% of fans see your posts (the more fans they like and comment on, the higher the number) ,
But you get an exact statistic, which contribution has reached how many people.
• Advertise your Facebook page: on your website, through billboards in the shop window, in-store displays and conversations with your customers.
Inspire and inspire customers: Instagram, Pinterest & Co.
Why that matters
Facebook is no longer the only social network to cultivate customer contact and attract prospects. So 9 million Germans actively use Instagram, 3 million Pinterest.
Instagram is good for you if you have visually appealing images on a regular basis. In Pinterest mostly creative suggestions and ideas are sought and exchanged.
That’s how it works
Instagram is a mobile app based on quadratic photos with accompanying texts. Users follow the publications of providers who regularly offer attractive content.
• Download Instagram from the App Store and sign in with Business Login.
• Think about what might be of interest to your clients (except advertising): pictures of great travel destinations, styling tips for fashion or cosmetics companies, tips on home decorating for interior decorators, and current flower tips from the gardening business.
The imagination knows no bounds: the main thing is visually appealing photos and interesting topics. Then regularly start Instagram app, take a photo, write text and submit – that’s it.
Pinterest is more of a collection of pictures in albums (called “boards”, before the internet age one might have said “collage”).
The sooner your business has creative customers, the more important Pinterest is for you. If you were in your shop screens on various topics with pictures, e.g. hang up from magazines to encourage your customers – that’s what you do electronically with Pinterest:
Thematic boards to which you can take any pictures
pinned from the Internet (that’s the name of the electronic
“Hanging” a picture).
• Log in to Pinterest (via browser or app).
• Think about good topics and create one board each.
• On your boards, you can attach all images on the Internet: images of any website, image of your own website or simply other images from Pinterest.
• Do not just showcase your products, but show inspiring images for your customers. As a confectioner current cake creations, as a wool business Strickanregungen or great arrangements as a florist. For images from your website, there is always a link to it.